

So today is Brian's first Father's Day of many many to come. Baby Justin is 3 and a half weeks old and has already changed our lives forever. We went over to Brian's parents house in Thousand Oaks and spent the day with his mom and dad, and his grandparents, all of whom spent turns fighting for the opportunity to hold the little man. Justin obliged, and put on a good show for all. I think he is going through a growth spurt, since he is more ravenous than usual, and I am happy to cater to his catering needs. Nursing has come quite naturally for us so far, and it really makes me feel close to him (maybe because he is attached to my boob ;)
For his Father's Day present, Brian got a new Craftsman tool stand for the garage ;) He has become quite the handy man, so it was only natural that we would start shopping at Sears! Then this morning, Justin made daddy breakfast (with a little help from mom and dad himself). Dad got breakfast potatoes and croque monsieur... not too shabby, Justin.
The only dark cloud on this otherwise perfect California day is the absence of my own dad. Although we had not been close for some time, my only wish is that he could have seen Justin. I optimistically hope that his arrival would have helped mend a rocky relationship, and I miss the opportunities we never had. And now we will never know since he passed away exactly one week after we found out that we were expecting... I can't help but feel the circle of life at work and hope that Justin inheritied all the good qualities that my dad had to offer.
Happy Father's Day to all those wonderful dads out there... Brian is already in the the Father's Hall of Fame in Justin and my eyes...
1 comment:
Hello! Ooooh! I am the FIRST comment on your blog! Am I the first viewer? Well, it looks great and I look forward to seeing more when you get the chance!
Post a Comment